Thursday 3 May 2012

Pink Sparkle Foaming Toy Cleaner

I’m going to be honest here; I really didn’t think I could write a review in regards to a sex toy cleaner, other than spray, wipe, rinse, and end up with sparkly cleanness. I am a firm believer that everyone should clean their toys before and after use, to prevent contracting any nasty infections, and to prevent mould/deterioration to the toy. The Pink Sparkle Foaming Toy Cleaner is a bit different to other cleaners I’ve used before, due to how it foams rather than being a simple spray or wipe. I was curious to see if the foaming action would work better at cleaning certain toys, especially ones with troublesome textures which usually trap dirt.

The product is safe to use with latex, rubber, silicone, and glass toys. It contains Triclosans, which I had to look up. Triclosan may or may not help the cleaner’s antibacterial functionality; the information I found seemed to be hazy at best. There is also a link between Triclosan and allergic reactions, but again there isn’t much information about this. I was curious to see whether or not I would suffer an allergic reaction when using the product, as I have highly sensitive skin. Unlike some cleaners, the product is completely alcohol free.

Active ingredient: Triclosan 0.30% - which is an antimicrobial.
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cocamidopropl Betaine, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Polysorbate-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methyisothiazolinone.

After checking up a lot of these long winded ingredients, I found that most can be a skin irritant – although the product claims to be non-irritating.

The cleaner arrives in a large canister with a plastic film wrap sealing the product. The outer film has the brand name, ingredients list, and usage directions. You are able to remove the outer film completely, leaving you with a rather plain looking bottle, which would go unnoticed in the bedroom or bathroom.

To use the cleaner, spray onto a toy, wipe clean, and then proceed to rinse and dry the product. You don’t need to use too much, as the foam spreads easily over a toy. The foam did help in reaching those hard to clean areas, and seemed to do a better job than most cleaners I’ve used.

So far I haven’t experienced any adverse reactions when using the cleaner, but I always make sure to thoroughly rinse each toy afterwards. I guess I will have to see if any reaction starts to develop with persistent use.



Overall, the toy cleaner is ok. I feel that if you have highly sensitive skin, then maybe it would be better to avoid this cleaner, although I haven’t experienced any problems yet. However, even though the foaming action means it’ll last longer than some sprays, and means it does a good job of cleaning toys, I still feel it is a tad expensive for what it is.


You can purchase the cleaner from Sex Health Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>