Thursday 17 November 2011

GiveLubes Premium Aqua Gel

Give Lube is a new brand of lubricant designed to be used by anyone, even people with sensitive skin. When buying lubricants I tend to try and find one which is kind and gentle to my body. I suffer from sensitive skin, and have found that some lubricants cause me to develop a rash. I also try and avoid lubricants that will upset my PH balance. Aqua Gel doesn’t contain glycerine, so it shouldn’t cause any unwanted nasties such as thrush. GiveLubes Premium Aqua Gel contains Aloe Vera and Panthenol for added skin care.


Aqua Gel is a water based lubricant which is suitable to use with most sex toys, including silicone ones. It’s also suitable to use with latex condoms.


I actually had to look up what Panthenols are. Panthenol is basically a B5 vitamin. It acts as a skin moisturiser, helping to relieve itching, as well as pre-existing skin conditions. Also, when mixed with other ingredients, it can help in skin absorbency. So to me, this made the lubricant seem promising, as not only should it be kind to my sensitive skin, but it also shouldn’t leave that tacky feeling that you get with some lubricants.


Ingredients: Aqua (water), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lactic Acid.



The Aqua Gel can be purchased in three different sized bottles. I received the smallest bottle which is 30ml. I rather like the packing this lubricant arrives in; it is small, sturdy, and stylish. The stylish design and compact size means that you are able to keep it in a travel bag, or even out on the side of the dressing table. It reminds me of the packaging some deodorants come in, the more masculine ones, as it’s a black bottle, with silver and blue printed onto it. The lubricant dispenses through a flip cap; simply flip the cap open, tip and squeeze the bottle. The lid does seem to be pretty secure compared to some lubricant bottles, and the bottle itself doesn’t allow too much lubricant out when squeezed. The lubricant has a few years of shelf life, and once opened it will keep fresh for up to 12 months.



I must admit, that when receiving a sample of Aqua Gel, I thought the lubricant would be of a thick Gel consistency, especially as it contains Aloe Vera. It’s actually very thin compared to most lubricants I’ve used. I decided to do a patch test on a small area of my skin to see if the lubricant would cause any irritation. The lubricant has a slight earthy/herbal aroma to it; it’s not too overpowering. When applying the lubricant to dry skin, I noticed that it felt kind of greasy. This made me feel that the lubricant wouldn’t be absorbed easily, leaving that undesired oily sheen. After massaging it into my skin, I was surprised to find that the lubricant didn’t leave any undesired tackiness. Not only was it absorbed nicely, but it left my skin with a slightly moisturised feel.  After doing the patch test, I found that it didn’t upset my skin. The lubricant seems to have a very mild taste, which I can only describe as, being a mixture between bitter and sweet.


When using the lubricant during masturbation, I found that it did mix well with my vaginal fluids. When mixed with my natural moistures I found that it didn’t have that same greasy feeling that it had when rubbed into dry skin. The lubricant didn’t dry out too quickly, but when it did dry out, I0 was able to reactivate it with a small amount of saliva. Personally I wouldn’t advise using this lubricant for anal, as it’s a very thin lubricant, almost similar to water.




Even though I received a small bottle of this lubricant, I feel that it’ll last a long time. You only need a small amount of it compared to some lubricants. When first using the lubricant, I applied too much, and found that it made the area a little too slippery. The lubricant doesn’t seem to drip or run, which surprised me considering how thin the consistency is. Once applied to an area it will stay there, unless water is added to the mixture.


The lubricant washes off easily with soap and water. I feel it’s not suited to underwater play.


Overall, I like this lubricant, but it’s a little too thin to use for some sexual activities, such as anal, or in the bath. It mixes well with my natural moistures and doesn’t upset my body in any way. I think, as the small bottle is very convenient for travel compared to a lot of other smaller sized lubricants, I will be keeping a bottle in my bag or coat pocket when out. It’s far more suitable than stashing individual sachets. 






Thank you to Give Lube for sending me this sample for my review. You can find additional product information on their website here


Showing all three bottle sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>