Friday 13 July 2012

Toy with me Tuesday: Round up #1


After a successful first month of the new and ever growing Toy with me Tuesday weekly sex toy photography event, I bring to you a roundup of my top picks. Choosing just a handful of all the great entries was tough, but I appreciate everyone taking part and helping make this event a success.  


First up we have ‘Anyone for espresso...?’ by Ruffled Sheets. His photo, matching the nJoy stainless steel butt plug with a stainless steel espresso cup, got everyone talking about his photography and composition skills. Anyone glancing at the photo would expect the tip of the plug to be the bowl of a spoon. Also, look at that amazing crema layer on top of the coffee – perfection. Who doesn’t like coffee and sex toys?



Interested in medical play? Well Bondara’sThorough Examination’ shows us what you should be carrying in your first-aid kit when embarking on your doctor-patient role play. Not only is the photo exceptional quality, and the toys spread out perfectly, but I also love how the black background seems to highlight the sterile nature of the stainless steel implements. The bandages in the background offer an excellent contrast in colour.


Penny from A Penny for your Dirty Thoughts takes part in Toy with me Tuesday, and digs out her trusty Hitachi wand for her shoot entitled ‘PowerTools’. The Hitachi looks right at home amongst her partner’s tools. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to share ;-)


Boobaloo created such a fun post for Toy with me Tuesday that I just had to share it with you all. After all, who doesn’t like ‘Where’s Wally?’ puzzles? The vibrate (sic) colours are matched well with the sex toys, making this puzzle a fun challenge. Can you find all 8 sex toys hidden within this colourful pit of balls? 



A Couple of Wankers show off their superb photography skills, and it was very challenging to choose just one of their submissions from over the last month. After much collaboration with my partner and others, I’ve decided to select ‘Mix it up’. I love the modernistic style of this photo and I liked the clever positioning of the products, from the glass plug within the tumbler, down to the black silicone plug ingeniously blending with the cocktail shaker.



Finally I’ve selected a photo by Lovehoney, ‘Roses forLovers‘. Not only do I love how a glass dildo has been carefully hidden amongst the spray of roses, but I love how well the photo has been taken. Throughout my sex toy photography ventures, I have always encountered problems when photographing pink tinted glass toys, and I have to say Lovehoney have managed to make this toy gleam with perfection. Also, can’t you just smell the scent of the roses wafting through your computer screen?



There’re a few other budding photographers that caught my attention this past month. Another of Lovehoney’s offerings, ‘Pure PleasureCalling’, picturing Rebecca from nJoy, who also happens to be lovely to chat with. I like the simplistic yet effective composition of the fruit shot by Mrs JoJo in her blog post ‘Going Bananas’. As I’m a fan of anything fun and crazy, Hungry Joe is always a good laugh, but he’s also given me ideas on new sex toy testing methods with his post ‘Sit On My Face’. Jennifer's fantastic photo 'Reflections' gave us an interesting way to photograph glass toys to optimise their transparency and beauty. And finally DIY Orgasms’ photo ‘Dragons’ – just because I like Dragons.



You can view all previous Toy with me Tuesday posts here

Toy with me Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>