Saturday 17 November 2012

Crowned Jewels Sterling Silver Vibrator



The Crowned Jewels Sterling Silver Vibrator is a bullet vibrator made from a solid 925 silver chamber. The vibrator is hallmarked in accordance with the UK hallmarking regulation. This was the first time I had ever used a silver sex toy and I was curious to see how the metal reacted with my body’s temperature. Hand crafted by silversmith James Stevens, makes certain that the product is flawless, unlike many mass produced items. Although this bullet is only a single speed virbrator, James Stevens claims that conical tip emits different vibration intensities, depending on body placement contact. The bullet vibrator is the most expensive vibrator I have ever gained possession of, retailing at over £350. 


Due to its price I must admit it took me awhile to get over the ‘’Wow’’ factor before I was able to form a valid opinion of the product. But also, I must admit, at first I had become emotionally attached to this particular item, which is a completely new experience for me. Normally I know which toys I like and dislike due to their functionality, but this product was special because of its importance to me.



The vibrator arrives in a black velvet pouch with the Crowned Jewels logo stamped into it in silver. With the product you also receive a silver polishing cloth.


The vibrator is made from a silver tube with a rounded tip at its base. The bullet is 4.25 inches in length with a maximum of 2.25 inches circumference. The product is weighty compared to other products of a similar size, yet the weight is evenly balanced for comfortable control. The tip is heated and popped into the chamber, and as its temperature normalises it becomes wedged, firmly locking into position. At the top of the product you will find a silver battery cap. There is a noticeable manufacturing mark where the domed tip meets the silver body. On the battery cap are the following hallmarks: An Anchor which means the product had been sent to Birmingham Assay to confirm that it is 925 silver. A Lion passant which shows the standard of silver. The numbers 925, which states the ratio mixture of the silver, pure metals are difficult to craft thus always will be mixed with another component. And a date letter, mine has an ‘I’ stamped into which means it was produced in 2010. Any Crowned Jewels product produced this year should have an ‘n’ stamped into it. Hallmarks are necessary to confirm the quality of the product. These hallmarks confirm that the vibrator is made in the UK and is silver, abiding by UKs hallmarking regulations and law.

My version of the Crowned Jewels silver vibrator also has the company logo engraved into it, as well as the head of business initials stamped ‘S&J’.


The hallmarks make it easier to grip onto the battery cap. The product is a single speed vibrator with a removable motor. It is battery powered and should arrive with one already inserted. To remove the motor and battery, twist the battery cap off, I found that sometimes the threads would jam up slightly so applying a small amount of lubricant should assist. The AAA battery fits loosely into the chamber, meaning it will rattle around when the product turns on, to rectify this I wrapped a small amount of paper around the battery before inserting it into the tunnel. Once the battery and motor is in position, reply the cap via twisting it. Due to the lack of friction from the metal twisting the cap can become tiring, especially when the interference from lubrication hinders your grip. Once the cap is secure on the product, simply twist it clockwise to active its vibrations. The toy emits moderately buzzy vibrations which are focused dominantly at the tip. If you require strong vibrations then this toy isn’t for you.



When using the product as a clitoral stimulator I found that additional lubrication wasn’t necessary. If you do use extra lubrication with the product, make sure you avoid getting it on over the control cap as it can become difficult to twist on and off. The smooth silver glided over my clitoris as my forefinger and thumb gripped around onto the weighted end. The vibrations were gentle and I was able to appreciate the silver softly warming to my body’s temperatures. Unlike some metals, the silvers conductivity was slower and felt more natural. As the product warmed, so did my levels of arousal. I applied the tip in circular motions, lightly rubbing the dome over my clitoral nub. I tried to angle the tip to see if I was able to experience the emission of differing variation intensities. Whilst the vibrations felt more intense in the centre of the dome, there wasn’t a huge amount of variation. As my body became more lubricated the silver glided over my vulva frenziedly. The bullets size and lack of fiction around the grip, meant that the toy created its own choreography. With the loss of control, I wasn’t able to pinpoint the centre of the dome upon my clitoris and on occasion the circular joining groove would snag upon my flesh. The vibrator did eventually lead me to orgasm, but it was a lot slower than many other cheaper vibrators. I did enjoy how the temperature of the product warmed to my body heat, when compared to a plastic or even plated product.



Silver has antibacterial properties and is non-porous. The vibrator is waterproof making it easy to clean with water and your standard antibacterial wash. The silvers surface will scratch over time, so be gentle on when cleaning it. When cleaning the product you will need to pay additional attention to where the domed tip meets the main chamber as dirt can reside here. Also pay extra attention to the hallmarkings. Silver will become tarnished over time and will need regular polishing. It’s best to store the product within the bag so it’s out of direct light.



Overall, the Crowned Jewels Silver Vibrator is ok. I do like the metal, and think it offers a very unique experience, however I feel the vibrations are a little on the weak side. Personally I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone who suffers from dexterity issues, as the twist control is taxing, and its weighted body can be cumbersome to control when applied to well lubricated areas. As the product can be inscribed, I guess it would make a nice gift for someone who has not only the cash but also occasion to justify such purchase. 


You can find a variation of this vibrator stock here

After visiting various scrap places and jewelers, the scrap and trade price for this product ranges from £10-£20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>