Sunday 23 October 2011

Mini rant about social networking sites and messages.


Lately I keep getting messages from people who read my blog via social networking sites. I do try to keep up-to-date with blogging and real life, but at times it can be difficult to find the time for much else. Most people, who know me, know that I can vanish for days, weeks, even months when I’m busy writing and in my blogger bubble. A lot of time this will mean that any personal messages get pushed to the back of the queue and only blogging, work, study, and household messages are responded to. I also switch my phone off for weeks, deactivate my personal facebook account, and even not go out, if I’m really busy with writing, and studying. However I don’t deactivate my blog related social networking accounts as these are a way for companies to contact me and a few very close friends. I still try and reply to fan messages and social networking friends when I have the time, but I can also find it very draining emotionally and mentally. Please don’t be offended if I don’t reply to messages.... more importantly please don’t send me hate mail and threats when I haven’t replied. I’m not ignoring any of you, I’m just rather busy. Though that kind of behaviour will make me ignore any future contact you try. I’m not saying that everyone who messages me behaves like this; most don’t and are very nice people who understand that I will reply to them eventually. There has just been a few, who have acted unpleasantly recently. Luckily most social networking sites do have a friend removal system in place, but really I prefer not to go to such measures as it just shouldn’t happen in the first place. Also I’m aware that this mini rant won’t really get me anywhere; there will still be people who act like this.


I’m hoping to find some time in the next week to reply to messages. Though as Halloween is my equivalent to Christmas, I might not be online much... On the plus side, I will have lots of time to reply to messages around Christmas and even on Christmas day ^_^

6 comments:

  1. People who send hate mail and threats when they don't get an instant reply aren't worth calling friends. Real friends will understand that you have more of a life than just sitting on a computer and will patiently wait for you to reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what vampiremorbious says. Have an awesome Halloween darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't believe some poeple! You just carry on as you are hun, I agree that those sending hate mail aren't worth bothering about....just nothing better to do with their time! I for one really appreciate the time you take with your reviews etc as they are always informative and interesting...ignore these idiots and have a great Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only got this one guy lately who will just occasionally forward his original email to me. Which I keep ignoring.

    You're clearly a lot more popular than me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to all the above, those who make threats are certainly not worth any of your replies.
    You carry on exactly as you have and do what suits you huny.
    The mails and comments I have made are because I want to say how good a review is, I dont expect a reply so dont ever worry.
    I really appreciate all the time and effort that goes into a review.
    Im very similar to you and simply disapear from most my friends even my OH sometimes; as I get so involved and it is draining.
    So dont change or make yourself ill for any reason. keep writing your awesome reviews huny and have a Great halloween.
    Lotsa hugs
    MidnightXxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I'm more popular, it might be due to my user name. If that makes sense?

    I've just found it very tiring. I like to try and please most pople by replying to them at some point, but this was getting to me and making it hard to email people I actually wanted to talk with.

    Anyway I just needed to rant about it a bit. Thanks for your replies, they mean a lot.

    Halloween is going well already, I can't wait till Monday! Hope everyone else has a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>