Wednesday 7 September 2011

Midnight Twist Glass Dildo

I recently purchased the Midnight Twist from the Eden Fantasys sale for only $12, which is about £7.50. As I was making a large order anyway I wasn’t concerned about postage costs, so I felt that the price was awesome for a glass toy, even better than most sale prices. Not only did the price of the toy attract me, but I liked the look of the tapered head and rounded bumps running down the shaft.




The toy arrived in a simple velvet pouch wrapped in bubble wrap; the packaging is very minimalistic compared to a lot of British toys.  Even with so little packaging my toy arrived from the US to UK without any chips or breakages. The pouch is made from lovely soft velvet and has a drawstring opening; the excessive string can be wrapped round the opening to secure it more tightly.  The toy is made from Pyrex glass which is a toughened form of glass and can withstand extreme temperatures without breaking. It is 8.5 inches in length and just over 4 inches in circumference at its widest point. The toy has two bulbous ends, one is tapered and resembles the head of a penis and the other is rounded and works well for g-spot stimulation or as a handle. The main shaft is thinner than the two bulbous ends and is approximately 3 inches in circumference. There are five rounded bumps running along the top of the toy, these are closer to the penis head than the round end. The bumps have been painted with a red paint. Running around the clear blue glass main shaft of the toy is white paint swirling round it. The white paint has a slight texture which can be vaguely felt during insertion. The paint does look as if someone has applied it with tipex, but it’s actually a lot tougher and doesn’t scratch away. On the Eden fantasy website there are actually two different glass toys photographed for this product. The toy I received if the one with the bumps running along the top of the toy, which I feel is a lot better than if it was the toy with the bumps running along its underside.

When using the toy I found that I didn’t need additional lubrication. You can insert the toy with either the penis shaped head first or the rounded handle. I found that when using the penis shaped head the tapered tip slid into the vaginal opening without any discomfort. The tip of the head itched past my g-spot only offering a light tingling sensation. I was able to fully benefit from stimulation from the bumps rubbing against the top of my vaginal walls. As my body became more aware, I could slightly feel the white swirls stimulate my vaginal opening, the vagina is more sensitive towards the opening and I couldn’t feel the swirls add any extra stimulation when deeper inside me.  When flipping the toy round and using the rounded tip of the toy, I found it hit my g-spot a bit better. It still didn’t stimulate my g-spot enough to cause me to have a g-spot orgasm, but I still enjoyed the shape of this toy. When using the rounded end for stimulation I was only able to experience two of the bumps stimulating the top of my vaginal wall closest to the vaginal opening. I feel that some people may find this a better g-spot dildo than I did.

The rounded handle end also works well as a massager and can really help relax the muscles especially during temperature play. The toy can be heated or cooled by placing under a tap for a few minutes; it does keep the desired temperature reasonably well.

The glass feels reasonably smooth causing very little friction when rubbed against the skin. The painted areas do offer additional textured feeling when rubbed with a figure but are relatively smooth compared to a plastic or silicone toy.

Cleaning the toy is simple, just apply your standard antibacterial wash and rise under warm water. You may want to make sure to pay a little extra attention when cleaning the painted areas as even though these aren’t likely to wear away they do offer a few little gaps for dirt to get trapped inside.


Overall, I like this toy even though it doesn’t offer much in the way of g-spot stimulation. I like the way how the bumps offer additional stimulation to my vaginal wall. I feel that this toy would be a good toy for those looking to venture into textured glass toys as I personally haven’t found the textures this toy provides to be overly intense but still enough to satisfy me. I think some people may have better luck with this toy as a G-spot or P-spot dildo than me; the tapered head is slightly curved but just wasn’t curved enough for my body.



                                                    
                                                      Review update:
Unfortunately the original toy broke, possibly due to a hair line fracture. Eden Fantasys were kind enough to send me a replacement. The replacement toy is the same shape and size, with the bumps positioned in the same way as the previous product. The only variation between the two toys is the white paint markings. On the replacement, the white marking doesn’t seem to feel as textured as the previous toy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>